By: Chelsey Tupper, director of marketing communications
Video marketing is hot and getting hotter. I’m sure you’ve heard it a million times over, but you’re about to hear it a million and one times: If you’re not using video as a marketing tactic, then you’re behind! The rise in popularity of video marketing happened so quickly that now it seems consumers are inundated with video, but when you think about it, the use of video isn’t really that surprising. Tugging on the emotional heartstrings of your target audience is one of the best ways to convince them to buy, and video does an excellent job with this when compared to print ads because of the very nature of video. Through video, it’s much easier to ignite emotion within consumers, which is of utmost importance when trying to establish a relationship with them.
At Ideaworks, we’ve been busy with a variety of video projects for basically all of our clients. Each project varies a bit from technical process videos to feel-good values videos, and we’re also trying to incorporate more video work on our own blog and social media pages. Our entire content team works side-by-side with one of our designers who specializes in video editing to produce quality productions that look great and achieve their targeted objectives.
It will be interesting to see how video marketing continues to grow in the years ahead, but one thing is certain – it surely isn’t going away; if anything, it’s gaining momentum and becoming even more creative and interactive that ever before.
Below are the 10 things you need to know to grasp the 411 on video marketing and why you need to utilize it NOW!
- Video boosts conversions and sales: When product videos are included on websites, they can help boost sales conversions by 80%.
- Video shows great ROI: Even though video production is not the easiest nor cheapest task, it pays off big time. In fact, studies show that 76% of businesses agree video provides an excellent ROI.
- The quality of the video doesn’t matter as much as its content: The latest research shows consumers are mostly put off by videos that don’t explain the product or service clearly enough. Low quality and poor design didn’t matter nearly as much, but don’t discount design entirely. If you need some assistance with your design efforts, please give us a call!
- Thirty-three percent of tablet owners watch about an hour of video on their devices every day, and 28% of smartphone users watch a video on their devices at least once a day.
- Seventy-eight percent of people watch videos online every week, and 55% of people watch videos online every day.
- Fifty-nine percent of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch the video.
- Using the term “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, increases click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
- Ninety-three percent of marketers use video for online marketing, sales and communication.
- Video creates trust: The whole concept of content marketing is based on trust and creating long-term relationships. People do not want to be sold to; instead, they crave interesting and useful information.
- Google loves video: A vast amount of research suggests that videos increase the time spent by visitors on websites. Thus, longer exposure builds trust and sends the signal to search engines that there is good content on said site. Actually, according to Moovly, businesses with embedded videos on their websites are 53 times more likely show up first on Google.